The butterfly tattoos is one of the most well-known tattoo designs that a woman requests over the previous years.
The humans are always fascinated with the butterfly tattoos and have been always the topic of artistic expression in tattoos, paintings, art, and music, among others.
Using the striking lines, vivid colours, distinctiveness, most of the people may tend to agree with the butterfly’s grandeur.
Literally there are millions of designs of butterfly tattoos.
Bear in mind that looking for the proper design may take time.
The designs of the tribal style, Celtic butterfly, even the fairy and big bold butterflies to the small designs of butterfly tattoo are among the wide variety of designs to choose from.
You may like to take a peek at the designs below if you really want a butterfly tattoo.
Try to look at the real butterfly pictures to better understand their colour patterns and shapes.
The butterfly tattoos have various meanings.
Here is some more information on what the butterfly tattoos may be able to represent, some facts about the butterflies and the testimonials from the people that received different designs of butterfly tattoo.
Bear in mind that a butterfly tattoo represents various things to various people. Here are some short examples.
- Symbolizes the fragility of life
- Change or transformation together with joy and love
- A new beginning and a new life
- Acts as a reminder to make further changes when an opportunity arises
- The flight of a butterfly looks as if it is dancing which is a reminder to always take things light and not so serious at all.
At first glance, the butterfly is just an ugly caterpillar and no person would think of giving a second look at it.
With such dedication and time the ugly creature changes into something so grandeur.
The process of metamorphosis transforms the butterfly into a powerful symbol.
During our lifetime we will always be faced with transformation and change.
A butterfly tattoo is a perfect method for us to remember the said change, the utmost dedication and will always give us an endless reminder to make the needed changes whenever the opportunities are present.
There are around 28,000 butterfly species all over the world.
The weight of the butterflies is comparable with two rose petals and you may incorporate it in your tattoo design.
The butterfly’s wings are transparent.
What you are seeing are the vivid colours that came from overlapping of the bright scales.
Butterflies fly only during the day and you will not be able to kill a butterfly simply by touching its wings.
- I had my butterfly tattoo last month and my tattoo symbolizes a new life for me or a new beginning. For many years now I tried to please everyone just by pretending to be someone I am not. My butterfly tattoo was really a gift to me for being me. The whole tattoo process was so exhilarating and the tattoo is vibrant, colourful, calm and gorgeous. It is everything that I wanted it to be.
- My grandfather died. Before he was buried he was placed in his coffin in a closed depressing room with no ventilation or windows at all. A lone electric bulb was the only light present while his loved ones bade him goodbye. When they arrived in the room they found a butterfly hovering around with its brightly coloured wings. It remained a mystery of how it got there. This incident made me get a butterfly tattoo. My tattoo represents the spirit, the life and death with the stages of mankind and the reincarnation. Lastly it represents the intense and short life and even the magic dust that the wings of a butterfly indicates which is freedom enabling our flight to life.
In the end butterfly tattoos are chosen not because of their beauty and vivid colours but also for the deep meanings that are provided by the butterflies.