The Celtic design tattoos are becoming very well-known because of their timeless quality and versatile styles.
These tattoos are recognized at once not just because of their meaning but also because they are really striking tattoos.
The Celtic design tattoos are most of the time black in colour but have different colour shades since they are becoming more popular.
Celtic designs are self-expressive since you apply the meaning to a specific Celtic design tattoo and the flexibility of the meanings of Celtic art.
- Celtic Butterfly Tattoos – this represents transformation and rebirth. The Celtic butterfly design may also represent the soul of a person.
- Celtic Cross Tattoos – this design represents faith, eternity and proof of the love of God. The Celtic cross has a circle located at the top of the cross.
- Celtic Claddagh – this design is a heart with a crown that is held using two hands. The heart symbolizes love, and the crow symbolizes loyalty, and the hands symbolize friendship.
- Celtic Knot – this symbolizes the combination of spiritual and physical paths of our live. This Celtic Knot tattoo has often been well-known among the Celtic design tattoos. The intertwined patterns and the spirals, extended loops and turns represent eternity and the cycle of rebirth and death. An armband tattoo with knot is a very tasteful and common idea for the Celtic design tattoos. The complex knots form the geometric shapes that are circles and triangles. A circle usually represents the continuum or eternity of life forces. It is shaped like a triangle and the Celtic trinity knot represents the Father, Son and Holy Spirit or the body, mind and spirit.
- Celtic Tree of Life – the tree of life represents a connection between earth and heaven. The designs have roots that grip the earth and the branches that reach out to the heaven. This Celtic design also symbolizes the axis mundi which means the center of the world by utilizing the Tree of Life as an axis symbol that connects together the three planes which is the trunk meets the earth, the roots symbolizing the underworld and the branches aims for the sky.
- Celtic Heart Design – this tattoo is the most romantic of the Celtic design tattoos and also recognized using the term love knot tattoo. Generally it symbolizes the unity of souls. Most often than not this tattoo design is created from one continuous line with a complicated heart shaped weave.
The Celts have believed a long time ago that the people are taught by animals on how to live in harmony and peace with nature.
Celtic zoomorphic tattoo designs relate the symbolic meanings with a particular animal.
Here are some possible designs of Celtic tattoo that have something to do on what specific animals represent in the culture of Celtic.
- Boar – means ferocity
- Bull – means strength
- Deer – means fertility, abundance and renewal
- Dog – means loyalty and luck
- Dragon – means magic and power
- Horse – speed, beauty, rejuvenation and vitality
- Peacock – means purity
- Lion – means strength and nobility
- Snake – means fertility, healing and rebirth
- Crow/Raven – means death.
Celtic design tattoos are the best method to convey your homage to the Celtic culture.
There are thousands of Celtic design tattoos that are presented with rich meaning and deep symbolism. It should be easy for any person to select a Celtic inspired tattoo.